The POSYS® 9xx Motion Controller are fully compliant PCI-Bus cards. The POSYS® 9xx are used in embedded control systems for industrial control, automation and robotic applications. They are available in one (POSYS® 9×1), two (POSYS® 9×2), and four (POSYS® 9×4) axes configurations for brushed, brushless servo motors, microstepping or stepper motors.
The motion processor is driven by a host microprocessor via a 16-bit bus interface or through an asynchronous bi-directional serial port, giving users the ability to offload resource intensive motion control functions from the application’s host.
- Motion profiles include S-curve, trapezoidal, velocity contouring, and electronic gearing, linear & circular interpolation for 4 axes.
- Trace capabilities for system performance checks, servo-tuning, maintenance and diagnostics.
- Encoder rate of 5.0 Mcounts/sec allows use of fine resolution feedback devices.
- 10-bit 20 kHz PWM or 16-bit DAC motor control output to amplifier.
- 8 general-purpose analog inputs…..
With up to 164 commands, depending on model, the POSYS® instruction set offers flexibility and versatility to software application programmers, instructions are used to initialize and control the motion processor. User selectable profiling modes supported by the motion processor include S-curve, trapezoidal, velocity contouring and electronic gearing. The POSYS® 9xx accepts input parameters such as position, velocity and acceleration from the host and generates a corresponding trajectory.